2.02.2014

Running from fear

air
pushing in and out.
my lungs screaming,
crying for more.
my limbs heavy,
too heavy to be mine.
why am i running?
i'm not completely sure.

Fear,
at first.
running from everything
that's ever scared me.
my Future.
my Past.
especially my Present.

how can i run from Time?


how am i supposed to run from Something
when that Something is
Everything?

now i'm running
for Fear of Stopping.
Stopping means
Confrontation.

is Confrontation best,
if it will stop my running?

i'm running
for Fear of
Confrontation.

running from my Past 
in the Present,
i'm running toward the Future.
it cannot be escaped.
nothing can be outrun.
not even my Fear
of Running.

so why am I trying?


--Alis



2 comments:

  1. I love the set up, the words, the meaning... all of it really! Such a deep message with short profound phrases. I think the first two sections are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Emily Dickinson with the capitalized words. This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete