4.15.2014

The alphabet at 17

A is for anxiety.
B is for breakdowns. At home, at school, in the car...
C is for cutting because it's hard to find people who don't anymore.
D is for damn because sometimes it needs to be said.
E is for everyone who told me I'm too smart for my own good because they're probably right.
F is for faith.
G is for gone because that's where I want to be right now.
H is for hate.
I is for insomnia because I can't stop thinking.
J is for justice because life isn't fair.
K is for kissing, or the lack thereof.
L is for love.
M is for mothers, even if I don't tell mine anything.
N is for nothing.
O is for omission.
P is for pregnancy tests and wondering who is stressing over them today and if any if them are my friends.
Q is for quizzes that I've failed.
R is for running from your problems because I've been told it doesn't solve anything, but it's sure nice for the time being.
S is for sleep because it doesn't happen very often.
T is for traitors.
U is for uncertainty about going to a Mormon university for the next four plus years of my life.
V is for virgin and wondering who's talking to the bishop this weekend.
W is for waist and worries about how many inches it is today.
X is for Xanax and all the people I know that are on it.
Y is for youth because it's harder than my parents remember it being.
Z is for zebra because I don't want to talk about zits.


--Alis





11 comments:

  1. SO MUCH RIGHT WITH THIS POST.
    Let's talk about C and D and V and W and Z. And I. You always have the perfect endings and the perfect mixes of honesty and vaguity (is that a word? I'm making it one) to leave me wanting more.
    P.S. I love how you comment on my posts because I always get so excited reading your name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn I love this idea.
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love B and D and G and R and S. And all the rest of them, but especially those ones. I'm still trying to decide about L, though, because I want it but I don't have it. So yeah. Anyway... good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved E, H, and N. This was a great original idea. I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #top5 and I am totally copying this. someday. unREAL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool idea. You are so creative, and as always, I love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything is so quotable here.

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how there's elaboration on some letters and on others it's one word but powerful all the same. Amazing all the more.

    ReplyDelete