2.04.2014

Sometimes, that's how it is.



You looked me in the eyes.
I saw into your soul.
You told me you loved me,
Softly,
Sincerely,
The whisper of your breath on my cheek.
I believed every word that fell from your mouth.
I just didn't reciprocate.

I gave my heart to you, 
In my own time,
In a glass box.
You saw what it was.
You saw me at my most vulnerable.
I could never hide from you.
I never wanted to hide from you.
Every letter on the pages you wrote to me shone like gold.
(Lead into gold,
You were my own personal
Alchemist.)

I don't regret it,
Loving you.
I regret the fact that I didn't realize it
Until it was too late,
Until you loved her,
Until you had gotten over me,
Until you had returned my heart
With a note,
Letters once again dull,
That said,
"I'm sorry. I know how it feels."

Like that's any consolation.


--Alis



3 comments:

  1. "I'm sorry. I know how it feels."
    Like that's any consolation.

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. really love this... the honesty is amazing :D keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked me in the eyes.
    I saw into your soul.
    You told me you loved me,
    Softly,
    Sincerely,
    The whisper of your breath on my cheek.
    I believed every word that fell from your mouth.
    I just didn't reciprocate. #Stolen

    ReplyDelete