4.11.2014

I should've gone to bed when I had the chance.


1:10 and I'm listening to rjd2 and I think you'd probably appreciate him.

1:13 and the Glitch Mob just came on and I'll make you appreciate them.

1:14 and I'm wondering if you're asleep. I'm scared to ask you, because you probably are. I'm wondering what you're dreaming about or if you're dreaming at all. I don't think I've dreamed for a while.

1:16 and I'm thinking about your hands. I love your fingernails, even the not-so-pretty ones. I'm thinking about how they hold your little poetry journal you refuse to let me read. Hey. I write poetry, too. Let's have little poet babies. You can choose the middle names. Well, within reason.

1:19 and I'm thinking about your hair. Its floppy quality shouldn't be important, but it kind of is. Have I told you I like it? Because I do. Also, do you deep condition? It feels like a bunny.

1:20 and I'm thinking about your hugs and how sometimes they get too intense and I end up with a sternum to the throat. I'm thinking about how it's only kind of annoying. Is it weird that I don't really like hugs from any other guys? Even the super platonic ones? I'm thinking about how natural it felt to wrap my arms  around the back of your neck as we said goodbye Saturday night. Sometimes I want you in my bed with me. Not for that reason, but because you always seem to run hot and my toes get cold easily.

1:23 and I'm thinking about your lips. I'm wondering how many girls have touched them and whether or not I ever will. Please don't make me make the first move.

1:25 and I'm thinking about how you might as well be the male version of me. Is it legal to date yourself?

1:25 still and I'm thinking about how impossible this is.

1:26 and I'm wondering if this would ruin what we already have.

1:26 and I'm asking myself if it would be worth it.

1:26 and I'm thinking about how we laugh at the same jokes and

1:27 and I'm thinking about your smile and I want to thank your orthodontist and

1:27 and I'm wondering if I love you and 

1:28 and I wonder if it even matters and

1:28 and I love you and

1:28 and I love you and 

1:28 and I love you and 

1:29 and I love you and

1:29 we'll all be dead soon and if I never try I'll never know but if I never try I'll never be rejected and if I'm never rejected then I'll be happy

1:30 right?

1:31 right?

1:32 right?









1:36 and I think you might be worth it.


--Alis



p.s. I plan to look really good at prom. I'll even do my hair and put on eyeshadow. Good luck resisting, boy.




10 comments:

  1. I love reading your thoughts this way. It just shows exactly how and where you were going with your thoughts. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. the timeline was impecable. this was like a good dose of heroine. heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was perfect. I love all of your ideas. You seriously make writing look too easy. Damn I'm even jealous of your thought process

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly this was so deep and I read it twice already. But I have to tell you that "It feels like a bunny" is giving me life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the last line about hair doing and eyeshadow. It's me, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHUT UP THIS ISN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO BE REAL BECAUSE IT IS BEYOND WHAT THE WORLD IS READY FOR BUT YET THEY NEED IT SO BADLY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Organizing your thoughts by time is a sort of therapy.

    ReplyDelete