4.26.2014

How to come to terms with who you've become

Leave.
Go to the quiet.
Lose the world.
Lose yourself.
Find yourself.
Find heaven.
Find out you don't really want heaven.
Find Hell.
Tell your calloused toes and your calloused heart to follow you.
Become yourself.
Wander the roads of your memories.
Fall and scrape your knee and your pride.
Get back up because pain is inevitable but weakness is optional.
Give blood back to the ground.
Eventually give the rest of you back to the ground,
Except for your spirit.
Give that to the above or the below.
Give it to the exalted or the damned.
Recover yourself and tell me where it's going.

At some point you'll come to find that optimism is self-deception.
Pessimism is your truth.
Love is a placebo.
The real drug is hate.
High on a grudge, because revenge is sweet and so are the words the devil whispers into your ear.
Start loving Hell because the angels were always too self-righteous.
Get to know your demons, because you'll be spending a lot of time together 

and they've been waiting for you.


Love,

--Erin



6 comments:

  1. "At some point you'll come to find that optimism is self-deception.
    Pessimism is your truth." and "Start loving Hell because the angels were always too self-righteous. Get to know your demons, because you'll be spending a lot of time together" This was great. Pessimism is the way to go, in my opinion at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got blown away by your words and I'm not quite sure where I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Love is a placebo."
    "Start loving Hell because the angels were always too self-righteous.
    Get to know your demons, because you'll be spending a lot of time together

    and they've been waiting for you" Dannnnnnnngggggg girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Start loving Hell because the angels were always too self-righteous.
    Get to know your demons, because you'll be spending a lot of time together."
    Just perfect.
    I wish I understood how your brain worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I. It remembers pointless crap like how snails are hermaphrodites and how to spell antidisestablishmentarianism but then I have to walk into my room to grab my phone charger four times before I finally just repeat it over and over to myself while walking down the stairs so that I don't forget what I'm doing.

      Delete