4.15.2014

Shadows on the moon

It's a total lunar eclipse right now.
It's times like these when I wish I was a photographer so I could have something better to capture the moment with than my iphone.
But, since I don't, this is the best I have.


Impressive, I know. It looks like a spider egg.

Bet you all wish you were awake right now so that you could see it in a non-crappy picture.

Bet you wish you had procrastinated your calculus homework now.

It is a sight to behold. It's nights like these that I wish I could turn off the lights of the world and just watch the stars. Even the red moon of the eclipse provides light, and sometimes this light is more powerful than the electric ones we use now.

I want to follow the stars.
I want the stars to ask me where I'm going and I want them to make me a map.
A map of light and hope that will tell me how to get there. 
The night is colder than the day, but the stars have apologized for that. 
The twinkling is them crying when a child fears the dark, because they're just trying to light his way.

Beauty isn't manufactured.
Beauty just is. 
Now go out and look at the moon.
You won't regret it.


--Alis

1 comment:

  1. "I want to follow the stars.
    I want the stars to ask me where I'm going and I want them to make me a map."
    Amazing. And now I wish I had stayed up to see it in real life.

    ReplyDelete