4.03.2014

i go outside sometimes

nothing is silent.
not even the trees.
not even me as I press my palm to the bark,
letting my day flow from my head to its heart.
i tell it that i cried today.
i tell the tree that my tears came faster and faster with my breath. 
i tell it that i played it off as my contacts.
i tell it that i covered it up with jokes and sarcasm.
i tell it that it really wasn't okay
and that crying in a bathroom stall is even less glamorous than it sounds,
especially when you run out of toilet paper tissues.

the tree tells me about the sticky tears that it sheds when it's cut.
it tells me about how it cries for its brothers that I now record my thoughts on.
it tells me that it cries for me.
     because i cared enough to share my heart with it, 
     and i cared enough to listen.
the wind whispers in my ears,
     telling me i'm good enough
                    good enough
                    just
                             enough.

i worry that the words are just sweet nothings
and I don't really matter.
i worry that the trees don't care
and the ducks don't care
and that someday the grass will sit on me
like i'm sitting on it.

six-feet under the dirt and the
                   grass and the
                   rocks
because my tears cycle through

and so does my life.


--Alis



8 comments:

  1. You're extraordinary. The trees came to life like never before. Beautiful. Phenomenal. Sorrowful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go out sometimes too. Great job. You gave the trees the voice they had to you. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You. I'm sorry that this happened to you and I'm hugging you with my mind right now. But seriously, this comparison just blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that someday the grass will sit on me
    like i'm sitting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "and the ducks don't care"

    I worry about that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "That someday the grass will sit on me like I'm sitting on it."
    "That crying in a bathroom stall is even less glamorous than it sounds..."
    You're so good.
    All of your ideas for blog posts are great.
    Everything you post about is really meaningful and speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sitting here just completely stalking your blog. I don't even care if that's creepy. I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete