4.21.2014

Reminders I can't set on my phone

Going to seminary reminds me of how much I don't want to be in seminary.

The red velvet cake in the fridge reminds me of how bad my mile time is.

The 500 hall reminds me of that one time I threw up during child development.

Walking into my bedroom reminds me of the pictures of hurricane Katrina.

Two-voice poems remind me of Mrs. Lefler's class in eighth grade.

The space in my bookshelf reminds me that I lent my copy of "the perks of being a wallflower" to my friend and now I kind of want it back, but I don't know if she's finished it yet.

The two different headlights on my car remind me of that time we got in a car accident and the timp highway/6000 west intersection reminds me of that other time we got in a car accident.

Cafe rio reminds me of when me and my two friends and my friend's boyfriend went to dinner and apparently I intimidated him because I didn't laugh at his jokes.

Pioneer park reminds me of crepes and hoboes and getting beer spilled on your pants when someone reaches up to help a crowd surfer.

Martinelli's reminds me of playing truth or dare in my friend's grandma's basement so that everyone would get a turn.

The smell of roses reminds me of my grandma's backyard and how you can't walk around barefoot or else you end up with thorns in your heels (and I'm sure there's a usable metaphor for love somewhere in there but all I'm coming up with is "use a condom").

Burgess park reminds me of Canterbury tales, as does "A Knights Tale."

Gingers remind me of that boy that I think is my soulmate but I only had, like, a 2-minute conversation with him, and I'm sure he'd run scared if he saw me again because apparently I'm intimidating.

The drying corsage on my bedside table reminds me of that time I didn't make a move and neither did he.

This post just reminded me of why I'm not completely happy today.


--Alis




3 comments:

  1. It's a Monday. Great idea of reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title with the rest of this... I love these posts so much. Think more, write about it more. Better than a journal.

    ReplyDelete