5.25.2014

Random thoughts as graduation looms over my head:



My fourth pair of pointe shoes and my second pair of Latin heels are hanging on my closet door as trophies to remind myself of the pain I've gone through for them. My ballet costume is in the closet and my medley dress is back at the school.


There are three garbage bags full of clothes I never wear anymore on my floor, waiting to be sifted through by my sister before being donated to the DI.


My duffel bag is covered in sequins and glitter from costumes it no longer contains.

A box with a new duvet cover and sham should be arriving from Pottery Barn soon and my mom is trying to plan a trip to Ikea.

I put in my two weeks notice at work and my manager said she'd try to get me off the schedule next week.

I need to buy a laptop sometime in the next few weeks.

The sign-in book for Cassie's wedding just came from shutterfly. She and Michael are living representations of Ken and Barbie. Not like the weird people who got sliced and diced to look like dolls, I mean they look like Ken and Barbie if they were life-sized and normally proportioned.


The poster I bought for my dorm room just got here. (Ignore my toes in the shot)


I'm going to walmart to find lipstick to match the kind I stole from my mom so that I can give that back someday.


****update****

Replacement lipstick has been acquired. Also, nails have been re-painted. It also appears as though my room has gotten messier.

Remind me to write a check to David for $50 from that one time he ordered rhinestones for me and to give Alyssa the $6.50 for leotard straps.


I need to stop buying so much food. I promised my mom I'd buy her butterbeer while we're at Harry Potter world for my graduation/birthday trip.


I decided to make a bucket list on the back of an envelope from someone's graduation announcement, mostly because of this post.

Now that my days aren't defined by when I have dance and what homework needs to be done, I have been taking naps on the couch with increasing frequency.

Like, what am I even supposed to do with my life? Eat exorbitant amounts of goldfish and watch Criminal Minds reruns?

I feel purposeless right now, even when they tell us "a new chapter of our lives is about to start." The end of this chapter probably won't be terribly gripping, considering all I'm gripping at this point is a remote in one hand and a Popsicle in the other.


--Erin



3 comments:

  1. I love how your bucket list has kiss Lon Madsen on it. Love the random thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. F Bi Get money made me laugh too hard. Also I think everyone wants to kiss lon before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best blog ever. *drops mic*

    And I'm so so honored to be on the bucket list:)

    ReplyDelete