3.17.2014

Nothing whatever.

I just need to record thoughts here. Expect nothing.


My artist friend decided to sketch me because he "needed new subjects." His picture looked prettier than what I see in the mirror.

I tried to quit Dr. Pepper. "Resistance was futile." - quote: the thirty-two ounce sitting next to me.

My friends made me leave before I could give that boy my number. Now I'll never find out if we were musically compatible.

Someone please explain why this is so sexy. IT'S A LUNG CANCER STICK that I'm unreasonably attracted to when it's between Benedict Cumberbatch's lips. AM I A PRODUCT OF BIG TOBACCO??

I really, really like the 50's. I sometimes wish I was born back then, but then I remember the whole widespread misogyny thing and that 2014 isn't too bad.

Writing has gotten a lot easier since I started this class. I don't know what it is about acknowledging the writer inside me, but the more I let it out, the better it gets.

It makes me really happy when I get a comment. I'm a blog junkie, and I spend more time refreshing my stats page than anything else on my phone. I know this blog should be about me, but I like knowing that people like my writing. That's only human, right?

I've discovered that this is what I love. At this point, I feel like writing is necessary to my survival. If I don't write, I think I might explode from all the underutilized words coursing through my brain.

I don't like country music. No offense to all those fans out there, but when I listen to it, all I hear is "my dog and my truck and my acoustic guitar and my pretty little honey. Listen to my accent and imagine me riding a horse into the sunset with a red solo cup in my hand."

A (shortened) list of places I want to go someday: Rome, Florence, Venice, Paris, EuroDisney, Brussels, Amsterdam (thank you John Green), New York City, DC, Philadelphia, London, Cardiff (really just Wales in general), all the Scottish castles (there are many), Madrid, Normandy, and Tokyo. I could go on for years. I wish it were possible to do the Amtrak Residency.

I write little notes in various binders, loose pages, sticky notes, etc. of lines to build around, such as this one:
The trash can is more full of poetry than my head.
I never really know what I'll use them for. They just end up everywhere. A seemingly endless supply of one-liners all over my possessions.

The best hashtag is #hashtag.

The poems for AP Lit are all ridiculously hard this term. I'm avoiding my analysis by writing this.

I don't like bacon. My dad doesn't seem to understand that people don't like what they don't like and that they can't really change their tastes. He doesn't like tomatoes and  I don't call him weird for that.

Today a lady told me I should be wearing a coat. I almost had to physically hold my tongue to keep from telling her that the cold never bothered me anyway.

I don't usually swear, not so much for morality reasons, but because when I do swear it carries so much more weight. With other people it's like, "whatever, she swears every other word." When I swear, people listen.

It amuses me to see the literal everyone unceremoniously picking wedgies after going down waterslides. I know that I do it, too, though. So, whatever.

I hope I don't end up having to room with a crazy, since I'm taking my chances with a roommate. There are too many horror stories and I don't want to have to add one to the list.


That's about all I have to say for now. Thanks for reading, I suppose.





6 comments:

  1. Hi. So what you said about places you want to go. And the AP Lit poems. And swearing. And roommates. #hashtag

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most attractive lung cancer stick, the 50's is the best decade, I love this post. :) #hashtag

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do agree with you that we are secretly the same person. Because these are my thoughts exactly. And it's probably just because it's Benedict Cumberbatch anything can look good with that man. This was just a great post of random thoughts I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The inside of your brain is a marvelous place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The trash can is more full of poetry than my head.
    I never really know what I'll use them for. They just end up everywhere. A seemingly endless supply of one-liners all over my possessions." I've scribbled all over my calc notebook with one liners:) Also I'm just as obsessed with blogging as you are. Glad I'm not alone:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness. I love every section and how they are all different colors but come together to make a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete