3.20.2014

My body (machine is super keen)

From my skin:

Touch more.
Don't be afraid to scratch me.
I'm the one holding you together.
Be comfortable with me, because I'll always be with you.
We'll grow old together, and when I get laugh lines, just know that they're from happiness.
Don't mourn your wrinkles, because they're a map.
They show who you truly are.
Let yourself be touched more.
Also, feel free to punch the people who tickle you.
That's legitimate torture.



From my brain:

Fill me.
You've done well so far.
I appreciate your hard work at school.
Well, I appreciated your hard work up until this term.
This term is doing all it can to keep you from graduating.
(#allyoueverdoiswritepoetryanymore)
(#notarealhashtag)
Go do your calculus homework.
You know that I can figure it out.
You haven't even given me the chance to try.
Let me try, because you know you need logic.
Also, because you tend to be an idiot when you ignore me.


From my bones:

Break me.
Stop being afraid.
See how long it takes me to heal.
I'm your support.
When you fall, I catch you.
You are made out of me.
I'm beneath everything you do, helping you to walk, run, dance, write.
I move because you let me.
Let me move.
Keep moving, because I'm itching to let people see you.
I'll be behind the scenes, making it happen.


From my heart:

Follow me.
When you see that boy, talk to him.
When you don't want to hear someone's whining, tell them.
Do what you want.
Do what I want.
Together, we won't have any semblance of safety.
We'll take risks.
We'll jump off the high dive because we know that if we belly flop, we'll recover.
We'll kiss some boys because you're 17 and it seems impossible that you've made it up to this point without having done so.
We'll ignore everyone else because their hearts are bad at taking over and that's what you need right now.
Who cares about everyone else?
We're going to do whatever we want.
I'm your life force and I can end it
right
here
and you know it.
Believe me when I say you need me.
Feel me in your fingertips as I work to keep you alive
and feel me in your stomach
and feel me in your ribs
and in your head
and in your neck
and in your feet
and feel me in every inch of your body
because I am the feeling
and I am your life
and I am the one telling you to live it.
Start listening to me,
because without me,
you're
nothing.


W i t h  m e ,

y o u ' r e

e v e r y t h i n g .


8 comments:

  1. "Be comfortable with me, because I'll always be with you." I don't know why I don't check your blog more consistently, I love it every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That line about kissing boys is golden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening to Rihanna right now and it all makes sense. This was the simplest way to write this post, and you freaking killed it. A list, a letter, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this. It looks like I copied your idea. Even one of the pictures. Don't worry. Yours is one million times better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel me in your fingertips as I work to keep you alive


    This post is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the heart talking. It is so deep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Believe me when I say I need you.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete